Finding Adult Day Care in Los Angeles
If you are unable to provide ‘round-the-clock care for an adult who requires it, you may want to consider adult day care. Adult day care centers are facilities where older people or people with severe handicaps can go when their family members are working or otherwise unable to provide care for them. An adult who requires medical attention during the day or is in danger of hurting himself if left unattended is a good candidate for adult day care. Another important aspect of adult day care is that it keeps elderly people engaged. Many such facilities have activities like crafts and other socializing events that are vital for maintaining a senior’s mental and emotional health.
But when entrusting a vulnerable loved one to someone else’s care, you want to make sure that the caregiver and the facility are licensed and well managed. The following are features you should look for in a good adult day care center:
- Door-to-door transportation: As an added perk, many centers offer vans or buses that will pick up seniors at your home, take them to day care, and return them home when you get back from work.
- Medical care: If your loved one requires injections or medication during the day, it’s important that the day care center employs licensed medical staff.
- Fitness and exercise: It’s important that the center you choose has a variety of movement activities available, catered to your loved one’s physical abilities. This could include yoga, stretching, aerobics, aquacise, etc.
- Meals: You’ll want to make sure that the day care center you choose provides nutritious meals with a variety of options for seniors with dentures, or seniors with dietary restrictions (diabetes, low sodium, etc.).
- Engaging activities: It’s important that your loved one enjoys the time he or she spends at an adult day care center. A good facility will provide a variety of personal and group activities like dancing, painting, crossword puzzles, bingo, music, etc., to keep seniors occupied.
A good place to start looking for a quality adult day care center is to ask other people in your situation where they’ve enrolled their elderly loved one. You can also search a credible ratings webpage like Yelp. We did a quick Internet search for Los Angeles and found three adult day care centers with perfect, five-out-of-five star ratings. They are:
- Comfort Adult Day Health Care
5500 Valley Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Phone: (323) 223-0881
- Adult Day Care
1227 S La Cienega Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Phone: (310) 300-1111
- Central Adult Health Care Center
1825 Beverly Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90057
Phone: (213) 413-6966
That’s according to Yelp. Be sure to check out this day care centers fully before you decide. Once you’ve enrolled your loved one, stay vigilant for signs of elder abuse or neglect. If you suspect either, you can call the Long Beach offices of attorney Travis Siegel for a free case evaluation. Dial (562) 645-4145.
This article reflects information obtained from a third-party site. The above ratings reflect Yelp user opinion and do not reflect the opinions of Siegel Law. Any views or opinions expressed on Yelp belong solely to the user and are in no way endorsed by Siegel Law. Siegel Law strongly recommends that you extensively research and physically visit any care facility prior to enrolling your loved one.
- Living in a Nursing Home: A Dangerous Sentence?
- Is PACE the Right Choice for My Elderly Loved One?
- Nearly 100 Assisted Living Facilities in California Face Shutdown
- Finding Adult Day Care in Los Angeles
- Top Nursing Homes in Long Beach
What Sets Our Elder Abuse Lawyer Apart?
Advocating for Victims of Abuse & Neglect Since 2002
Attorney Travis Siegel of Siegel Law has fought elder abuse and medical malpractice for more than a decade. After a tragedy occurred in his own family, he became a lawyer to ensure that others don’t suffer in the same way. He focuses his practice exclusively on elder abuse cases. He has recovered millions of dollars for clients and garnered selection for Best Lawyers in America® 2016.